If you are age 70 ½ or older, you have a special opportunity to use some or all of your Required Minimum Distribution from your retirement accounts to help NIF and avoid having that distribution count toward your taxable income for the year. But you must act before December 31st!
• Avoid paying tax on your required minimum distribution for this year’s IRA.
• Reduce your taxes easily and quickly.
• Support justice and equality in Israel.
• Be 70 ½ or older.
• Own a traditional IRA (not a ROTH IRA).
• Distributions must be made directly to NIF from your plan trustee.
• Contribute a maximum of $100,000.
• Transfer must be executed before December 30, 2011.
It’s that easy. For sample letters you can use to request a transfer from your plan administrator, contact Bruce Temkin at (212) 613-4401 or by email at . Act quickly; your transfer must be executed before the end of the year!