Before a request is made for a grant, a brief e-mail of inquiry is advisable to determine whether the Social Justice Fund's present interests and funds permit consideration of the request.
The letter should include:
- The purpose of the project for which funds are being requested
- Problems and issues the proposed project will address
- Information about the organization conducting the project
- Estimated overall budget for the project
- Period of time for which funds are requested
- Qualifications of those who will be engaged in the project
After receiving the letter of inquiry, the grant seeker may be asked to submit a formal proposal. There is no grant application form. The proposal should include:
- The organization's current budget
- A description of the proposed work and how it will be conducted
- The names and curricula vitae of those engaged in the project
- A detailed project budget
- Present means of support and status of applications to other funding sources
Applications are considered throughout the year. Normally applicants may expect to receive within six weeks an indication of whether their proposals fall within program interests and budget limitations.
Requests should be e-mailed to: .Or mailed to:
Social Justice Fund
11 South Fullerton Ave.
Montclair, New Jersey 07042