The New Israel Fund is the leading organization committed to equality and democracy for all Israelis. We are a partnership of Israelis and supporters of Israel worldwide, dedicated to a vision of Israel as both the Jewish homeland and a shared society at peace with itself and its neighbors. NIF strengthens organizations and leaders that work to achieve equality for all citizens of the state; realize the civil and human rights of all, including Arab citizens of Israel; recognize and reinforce the essential pluralism of Israeli society; and empower groups on the economic margins of Israeli society.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
The Development & Planned Giving Coordinator is responsible for strategizing, coordinating, and executing a planned giving program at the New Israel Fund. The Coordinator holds primary responsibility for ensuring that all inquiries and donations in this unit are responded to, captured, and recorded accurately in the donor database. In addition, this position will work with all fundraisers at the New Israel Fund to increase awareness and technical knowledge of planned gift options at NIF. The position reports to the Deputy VP for Development.
- In conjunction with VP for Development and Deputy VP for Development, strategize and create a plan for a planned giving program at NIF;
- Maintain a schedule of estates/trusts in probate/administration and contact with attorneys and executors/trustees;
- Accurately acknowledge and process all planned gifts in donor database;
- Prepare planned giving marketing material and special mailings;
- Generates planned giving solicitations and acknowledgement letters;
- Provides fundraising staff with information and training about NIF's planned giving program on a regular basis;
- Independently and in coordination with fundraisers, solicit planned gifts;
- Ensure that planned giving information is readily available to NIF's supporter base and beyond, on-line and off;
- Liaise with the Financial Management Department in managing donor communications around Charitable Gift Annuities and endowment funds;
- Develop initiatives for planned giving recognition structures;
- Other development responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years' experience in fundraising for nonprofits, or related experience. Some knowledge of planned gifts preferred;
- Commitment to NIF and Israel;
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and project management skills, with an ability to work with geographically diverse groups;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail;
- Experience with Raiser's Edge helpful;
- Ability to approach situations and challenges with a sense of humor;
- Familiarity and comfort with progressive Jewish donor community;
- Willingness to work in a flexible environment.
Salary is commensurate with experience.