POSITION TITLE: Deputy Vice President, Development Operations
LOCATION: Preferably SF or NY
START DATE: Immediately
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION The New Israel Fund works to strengthen democracy and promote social justice in Israel. NIF supports non-governmental organizations that defend civil and human rights, promote Jewish–Arab equality and shared society, advance the status of women, foster tolerance and pluralism, and bridge social and economic gaps in Israel. Visit www.nif.org for more information.
The Deputy VP, Development Operations works in partnership with the senior development team and with the organization’s senior management, contributing strategies and leadership to help reach fundraising goals. Responsibilities include oversight of staff, information systems management, management of organization-wide projects that improve quality and efficiency of the development operation, and ongoing coordination of development staff professional development needs.
- Review and oversee all donor information systems, gift processing and acknowledgement systems, and harmonization between our donor database and our digital mobilization system.
- Review and oversee implementation of a comprehensive planned giving program;
- Coordinate direct response fundraising program, ensuring that on-line and off-line communications reinforce one another;
- Implement and oversee prospect research and management program;
- For Development staff outside of hub offices, coordinate and improve access to data, program information, and collateral material;
- Ensure strong coordination between revenue entry and finance;
- Implement a consistent fundraising staff development program, and coordinate and execute development staff retreats.
- Attend to staff satisfaction and maintain low turnover rates by extending a skills and competency approach for major roles. Ensure that professional development is in place to promote organizational citizenship, knowledge and technical skills, job specific skills, and management skills. Assist in recruiting efforts to attract new talent and achieve diversity objectives.
- Foster an atmosphere of open communication that builds trust across the organization. Build relationships with key leadership. Promote communications between development and program, evaluation, finance, R&D, and other functional areas and initiatives, forging partnerships across traditional department boundaries.
- Other duties as required by supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree desired.
- 5-7 years of work experience in non-profit development.
- Proven success, as evidenced by progressive advancement, in increasingly responsible development or management roles.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Project management skills, including planning, budgeting, and the ability to balance multiple tasks and projects while delivering quality work on schedule.
- Interest in, and ability to articulate the NIF mission.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a CV and cover letter, addressed to Steve Rothman, to with the subject line "[Your Name]: DVP, Development Operations." Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.