The New Israel Fund is the leading organization committed to equality and democracy for all Israelis. We are a partnership of Israelis and supporters of Israel worldwide, dedicated to a vision of Israel as both the Jewish homeland and a shared society at peace with itself and its neighbors. NIF strengthens organizations and leaders that work to achieve equality for all citizens of the state; realize the civil and human rights of all, including Arab citizens of Israel; recognize and reinforce the essential pluralism of Israeli society; and empower groups on the economic margins of Israeli society.
NIF seeks a passionate, driven, and creative professional with programming experience to manage programs in the Tri-State area, as well as specific affinity groups including New Generations, NIF NY/Tri-State’s young adult community. Additionally, the Program Officer will steward donors for whom programs offer a first touch point. This position reports to the Director of NIF in the NY/Tri-State Region and works closely with the Associate Director for Development.
LOCATION: NIF's New York Office
The Program Officer will be responsible for developing and managing NIF’s programs and affinity groups in the NY/Tri-State region and all associated donor servicing, including:
- Developing a strategy for NY/Tri-State Programs
- Working with a team of colleagues to plan and implement individual programs
- Managing New Generations, NIF NY/Tri-State’s young adult community
- Stewarding donors from New Generations and those who come to NIF through programs
- Experience in program management, on both small and large scales
- Successful experience working with a team of colleagues in implementing programs
- Strong strategic and analytic skills
- Familiarity with socio-economic and political realities at play in Israel and the Occupied Territories
- Deep passion for the work of human rights and social justice in Israel
- Experience working in education
- Experience as a lay leader in a nonprofit setting
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a CV and cover letter to with the subject line “[Your Name]: Program Officer Application.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Hire by March 18, 2015.